One person was transported to a hospital and four residents were displaced following a one-alarm blaze at a residential building in San Francisco’s Hayes Valley neighborhood Tuesday morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
The second-story fire was reported at 5:42 a.m. in the 600 block of Fulton Street near Buchanan Street and was brought under control at 5:57 a.m., a dispatcher said.
One person was transported to a local hospital and four residents were displaced as a result of the fire.
The American Red Cross responded to the scene later that morning to assist the displaced residents.
Firefighters on scene Tuesday morning said the fire appeared to have been started accidentally by a lit cigarette.